It’s that time again. What to resolve this year? There are so many possibilities that I hardly know where to start, but you have to start somewhere, so here goes, one step (er, resolution) at a time:
1. First resolution is to organize and digitize all those hundreds of photos tucked here and there among my files. I’m forever looking, or should I say searching for this or that photo that I just “know” has to be here somewhere…. time to get my photograph house in order. I can already feel a sense of relief about getting that done.
2. Second, I want to have each family digitized and organized before I actually start posting their data. What a novel idea…. Ha!
3. Third, I’ll revisit each family’s file and follow up on those niggling doubts about accuracy or completeness or proper citations. Timeline for this one is all of next year… it’s a biggie to accomplish and can’t be done quickly, especially considering all those boxes and file folders scattered about.
4. Forth, I want to become consistent in naming the types of files. One of my problems has been inconsistency in this area… so when I look at one family file I might have everything by date, but another might be a combination of words and numbers, etc. Fiddlesticks!…. it’s just too confusing.
5. Last but not least, in order to accomplish all of the above I’ll resist the urge to volunteer for organizations…. at least for 2009. It’ll be my sabbatical from volunteerism in order to serve the cause of order and accuracy in my file system and posts.
So here’s a toast to 2009!